Here is the list of impressive MyWebFTP features
- Preview image files.
- Comes with SiteManager - a nice way to easily and secure store your sites login information.
- Upload and extract zipped files.
- Filter file listing with wildcards.
- Email files.
- Upload files from another FTP server.
- Zip on-the-fly and download multiple files.
- Transload (get a file from URL and upload to your FTP server bypassing your local machine).
- Browse directories.
- Split file listing in pages.
- Create new and rename existing directories.
- Rename, delete, move and copy files.
- Upload files from your computer (ASCII and binary).
- Chmod files and directories.
- Communication with end user is maintained by encrypted sessions - no HTML hidden fields with plaintext username and password.
- Download files to your computer.
- Create new and edit existing text files.
- Nice look and feel is easy customizable.
The main concern is the file upload size. Usually we are limited to the PHP default setting of 2 MB. If you are on a shared hosting and can't access your server PHP settings, so this script will not work with bigger uploads (and any another PHP-based solution will fail too).
If you can edit your web server PHP settings, it can be extended (the details of this are covered in our FAQ section). Anyway please note that there still exists a limit.
Generally a reasonable value of 10-20 Mb can be reached without problems, although if you want to upload a 50-100 MB beast this appication is unlikely to make you happy due to the nature of browser-based file uploads. We tested the script with a 100 Mb upload and the results were quite unstable.